Friday, January 7, 2011

Challenge #1 - Passed!

So for meal out #1, I did great. I had a really great spicy steak salad and didn't get any dressing, even on the side. The dressing was ginger/soy, which I love, but soy sauce has wheat in it, so I declined. The meat and sauteed veggies lent enough moisture to make dressing completely unnecessary.

Today's total of weight lost is 13.2. Yesterday I noticed that I didn't have asthma chest pains when I walked outside in the cold. My random joint pain is gone. I have energy. Five days down, 23 to go with the challenge. In 23 days, I'll decide the next steps, but this eating style is very maintainable. And delicious.

The next challenge is dinner out in Philly. I don't know where we are going, but I know I can find something on the menu. Then I have lunch in NYC. I checked out the menu and picked out a really good salmon salad. I'll hold the dill sauce, but go for the slaw. They don't use mayo (ick poo) so it's really good. Tomorrow I will prepare my breakfast for while I am away as well as setting up next week for breakfast and lunch. Our menu for the week? Here it is.

Monday - Apple Chicken
Tuesday - sandwich night for the family, I will eat leftovers on the way to Girl Scouts.
Wednesday - Shrimp and Asparagus stir fry
Thursday - Lime Ginger chicken
Friday - Orange chicken

***order subject to change upon mood.

All of these will be served with veggies that the kids pick out. The family will eat rice, baked potatoes, or rolls. I'll have either brown rice or quinoa, both of which I make ahead of time and heat up when needed.

No comments: