Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer!!!

It's been a busy summer, although summer just started last week. S has been out of school for a month. He enjoyed his first week alone at kung fu. He woke up early every morning, threw his lunch together, packed his backpack, and ate breakfast without needing a reminder. Amazing. Trinks just finished her first week of overnight camp. She loved it. She rode horses for three days and did camp activities the rest of the time. The tie dye class was closed, so she tried the low ropes. She swam. There was a slip and slide. One night there were s'mores. She came home exhausted but happy. I mentioned her next Girl Scout session was day camp and she started crying because she wants to go overnight again. I reminded her that the following week was the Decadent Dessert camp. She'll stay in a cabin and bake all week.

The kids are leaving for a week in Massachusetts with their cousins and grandparents. Pray for my mother. She has three on medication (Trinks is yellow level asthma from camp and my neice and nephew are on nebulizers), S has the epi pen in case of accidental allergic contact, and the 5th child is recovering from a double break in his upper arm. They plan to hike a lot, and find a ton of interesting places to explore. We'll pick them up at the Dinosaur State Park in CT in a week. We're headed to Rhode Island. Trinks will celebrate her 9th birthday while we're there. I can't believe how fast she's growing up!!! I just found out that the Mumbles will be in RI while we're there, so we'll be at their show on her birthday. She is so excited.

Hubs and I are hanging on for rough ride this summer. Hubs has an extremely inflexible schedule, so I will spend most of the summer schlepping the kids around. The high point is going to Girl Scout camp. It is so beautiful down there! If I move, I will move to the Cecilton area. It looks like NJ used to before the New Yorkers moved in and destroyed the state. Trinks has already objected to that idea, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

No comments: