Saturday, June 5, 2010

Itchy and Bitchy were in a boat

No one fell out, who was left? Yes, both itchy AND bitchy reside in me today. The poison ivy has turned into a secondary infection called erythema multiforme (EM) again. While I can get the poison ivy under control, the EM is itching like I have never experienced. Coupled with the fact that the ceiling fan over our bed is broken and heat makes me itch more, the fun factor explodes. I woke up at 3:30, brought my pillows downstairs, exchanged a most likey inappropriately angry conversation with hubs, and threw the AC switch to stun. I slept on the pull out with a bag of frozen veggies cooling off my core temperature.

The kids woke up at 8:30 and were stunned to see me sleeping downstairs. I don't get sick very often, so they were concerned. Trinks offered to make me breakfast in bed and threw some bread in the toaster. While it cooked, she and S painted me a picture, made a card and created a song. Trinks' card made me cry - "Get Well SOON! I can see how much posin ivy did to you but secondary must hurt worst. We all hope you get well soon. We're sorry you are so ichy and it really sucks to stay in bed on weekends. We love you." How sweet is that? Then the toast popped up and S put sunflower butter and apricot jam on it. I just had to get up to make coffee.

So I am still in bed - researching causes, remedies, and anything else I can find. I took some generic zyrtec since it usually works for urticaria. When I am on my feet, it feels like I'm walking on burning marbles. I think that's the worst part - the lumps that form on the palms of the hands and feet. You can't itch those! I sent hubs with the kids to see a play in Philly and I loaded the instant queue in Netflix with movies and TV shows I want to watch. I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic, and am now catching up on Waiting for God - one of my all time favorite Brit Sits. It's a completely wasted day, but I can't summon the energy to do much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds terrible! I hope you recover quickly.