Monday, February 8, 2010

The times they are a changing!

So here I am with an unexpected day off because of the snow. Trinks has no school - SHOCKING! We don't expect her to go to school this week, since it was a short week to begin with and we are expecting another foot of snow on Wednesday. Hubs was supposed to take off today, but his coworker's house caught on fire and she's home with the insurance adjusters. Normally I would have sympathy for her, but she is a crap magnet hypochondraic and has made things difficult for hubs by her overuse of days off that she just doesn't have. So poor hubs went off to work after expecting to take it easy and I ended up taking today. We'll go sledding after we finish watching Kit Kittredge.

But the point of this post is I am anxiously awaiting news from NJ Mets fan and wife. Baby #3 is on the way, probably already here, and I am checking Facebook religiously. When Trinks was born, we didn't even have a cell phone. We borrowed our parents' phones to alert the masses. When S was born, we had a cell phone, but downloading pictures and posting them to the internet seemed like such a hassle. This is a much better time to have a baby, technologically speaking.

What I like most about this baby is the gender is unknown. In this day and age, it's almost unheard of to keep it a mystery. It just makes the arrival so much more exciting this way. I already put my bet in that it's a 10 pound, 25.5 inch boy. I am just about 100% wrong with all of my guesses, so it's probably going to be a 6 pound, 19 inch baby girl. Come on NJ Mets Fan - post already!!! With a picture!!! And a name!!!

No comments: