Monday, February 8, 2010

I should never be allowed to stay home

Since I was home today, I figured I couldn't get into trouble. Trinks and I had a lovely day. We watched Kit Kittridge, went sledding, had a nice lunch, took a nice long bath in the soaking tub (Trinks, not me), and just plain enjoyed the day. Then there was a knock on the door. I usually ignore it, but Trinks went to the window and shouted, "There's a man at the door, Mommy!" Crap - can't ignore him now.

It turns out to be the local Fios dude. I wanted Fios in the worst way last year when we were having horrific problems with the Verizon's DSL. No one could tell us when Fios was coming, so we went to Comcast. Two months later they dug up the development for Fios. I hate change and time off for installations, so I never pursued Fios. Then I have a guy on my icy front step selling me Fios. Since I could always cancel the installation, I signed up. It will save us about $10 a month for the first year. I'm still in uber frugal mode, so I can appreciate the $120 in my pocket. If I can't cancel cable all together, then saving money on it is pretty good. I'll get the old desk top hardwired for Fios and the wifi will take care of the laptop. Then I can get Magic Jack and save $15/month. When hubs gets home tonight, we'll talk about it.

Right now both kids are home. Trinks didn't want to come with me to pick S up, so she stayed home alone for 20 minutes. She was so excited. S is mad that he has to go to school tomorrow and Trinks doesn't. I hope the kung fu studio opens for camp tomorrow, but both school districts they service are closed tomorrow. Heck - even Brownies is cancelled. Our development roads are pure crap, so I understand. It just pisses me off that no one plowed, but the walking path at the park is clear. WTF???

2 comments:

Nothing Knew said...

no early termination fee on your Comcast contract?

And leaving Trinks home alone was a bad idea. She will now expect to stay home whenever you leave.

AND DON'T TELL OUR DAUGHTER!

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

we don't have a contract with Comcast.

Trinks knows she could only stay home because she was in her pjs and I was only gone for 20 minutes. Definitely not happening on a regular basis.