Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ask, and you shall receive

A couple of weeks ago, our toaster oven died. It just stopped toasting. I could broil toast, but my favorite method of cooking in it is the toast function. Chicken nuggets take 2 cycles, pierogies take 3. We don't use it often, but it's a comforting little appliance. I was complaining about it at work and my co-worker looked at me and mentioned that he was getting rid of his. He mentioned it is slow to toast and it's big. He brought it in the next day and I set it up today. It's HUGE! And it WORKS!

I like when things work out. I needed a new toaster, he needed to get rid of the almost knew oven his wife didn't like anymore. Now let me see if anyone is getting rid of a barely used, $200 surf rod.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, I love it when things work out like that. I recently bestowed a like-new but very dusty elliptical machine on one of my co-workers. She was VERY excited. We were happy to free up the space in our den.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

I'm looking forward to getting rid of more of my stuff this way. I'm not quite organized to Freecycle yet.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

I'm looking forward to getting rid of more of my stuff this way. I'm not quite organized to Freecycle yet.