Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Totally inappropriate for 8 year olds

Trinks came home with an Insurance Activity Book. I'm sure Karen Weldin Stewart is a wonderful person, but I fail to see why the DE Insurance Commissioner created an activity book for kids. Why do kids need to learn about insurance? It's not even accurate.

This book is a fairy tale - if something breaks, insurance will fix it. REALLY? What Nadia and Tess fail to explore is how high your rates go for reporting incidents. And they don't mention your insurance company drops you for the smallest things. And God forbid you have a pre-existing condition. Forget it. The insurance company won't even talk to you. And co-pays? Not even mentioned. Page 6 indicates that insurance will pay for your drs and medicine. BULLSHIT! Yes, we left Trinks' medicine at the pharmacy because I wasn't willing to pay $80 for a 30 day supply of allergy medicine. How does the Insurance Commissioner explain that? We have decent health insurance. I can't even imagine what the uninsured have to pay for medicine. I am beyond pissed off they are shovelling this shit to my 8 year old. But, as an engaged parent, I have the power to correct this bullshit.

No comments: