Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The 3 Day is here again

Somehow the 3 Day sneaks up on me. I have the countdown at my desk and the last week is always a surprise. I trained hard early on and have been taking it easy for the last couple of weeks. I am ready to walk!

As always, I have a hard time getting to the opening ceremonies. Logistically, it's easy. I have a ride to PA (thanks Ray!), a great place to stay (Ivy and Nothing Knew are awesome) and a ride at O'Dark thirty Friday morning (thanks Nothing Knew!!). My problem is the longer I walk, the more people get diagnosed. At first it was Karen and a co-worker Amy. Last year it was Kathi. This year it was another co-worker, Kim and NJ teacher's mother. When is this going to end???

Last year I listed all my reasons for walking. I have lost a little of the anger. I still feel powerless. I am still walking to save Karen's girls. I am doing my best to stay educated so I can be of some value to those on this journey. I truly believe Karen is watching me and cheering me to the finish line.

So I am prepared to laugh, cry, work hard and relax. It's amazing how you can go so quickly from one emotion to the opposite on this walk. It's not just a matter of physical strength, but emotional strength as well.

No comments: