Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Today I failed at motherhood

I am so glad my final grade on mothering is not made up of just one day of being a mother. This morning, I was about to lose my title! Trinks started Brownies last week and went out with Kathi to get her uniform. She came home a promptly lost it. I told her where she needed to keep it, but she didn't listen. I reminded her last night that without a uniform, she is not allowed to attend her Brownie meetings. This morning, there was still no sign of the uniform. She cried the entire way to the bus stop because she wasn't allowed to go to Brownies. And I did nothing to calm her down.

I think I managed to redeem my self by coming home for lunch. For some reason, I checked the dining room and the uniform was right there, not upstairs where she was looking. I threw some chicken noodle soup in the crock pot (I made the broth last night) and returned to work. I dashed home briefly to pack a picnic dinner of soup and sandwiches and then went to get S to kung fu. Trinks looked at me hopefully and I nodded. She was so happy! Now I have to figure out where all the flare goes on the Brownie vest. Ugh.

No comments: