Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Conversations with S

I have a couple conversations with S to report.

We were singing "Lovely Bunch of Coconuts" in the car the other day. When we got to the "roll a bowl a ball a penny a pitch", S asked if he was singing "pitch" or "bitch". Oh my.

Tonight, S asked us "what kids did you get when you got married?" He seemed to be surprised that we only got him and his sister. Then he complained that she was eight and he was only four. I told him we decided to get the difficult child out of the way first so we could enjoy the sweet child last. And then I told him my answer would be different if Trinks asked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the questions kids ask! Lately Little Sister has taken to complaining about birth order. She wants to be the big sister. Big Sister said that would have been okay with her, until we pointed out that she may never have been born if they were in the opposite order. I think I may have stopped at one kid! We had a good laugh about it and then explained that they wouldn't be who they are if they weren't born exactly when they were. It's nice to focus on the genetics and science of things instead of the "how did I get here" questions. Gosh I hope those wait a lot longer!!!