Monday, July 27, 2009

Living with a hernia

Apparently I have been living with one for a few months now. I went to the dr for chest pains and ended up asking about the lump on my stomach. Good news about the chest pains - exercise asthma. I'm not really surprised and pretty much diagnosed it myself on Saturday rather than call 911. I get to take an inhaler before walking. Yippee. Now I just need to figure out when I can have surgery before this hernia becomes an emergency. I have no days, there is no one who can back me up at work because my boss is still out, so this could be a challenge. I'm trying to see if the surgeon is available right before the NY vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that doesn't sound good at all. You're health comes first, so they are just going to have to let you take off. Good luck with everything. Will the surgery require much recovery time?

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

It sounds better than the gall bladder surgery, so I'm not that stressed. That was an easy recovery with nothing more than Advil for pain. I'll find out tomorrow when the surgeon can see me.

i wouldn't mind being off if it didn't interfere with my vacation. I have 2 sick days left and the rest is already allocated to trips.

And the best thing is that I completed the medical check in before this. The question is whether to update my clear status or keep it the way it is. I guess I'll have to see how well I recover.