Saturday, July 25, 2009

Growing up

Trinks once again rose to the occasion and was involved in Aunt Charlotte's funeral. She spoke about the great great aunt who she loved to visit. She looked much older as she sported a brand new short hair style.

I'm still a little numb about everything. I heard that my other grandmother is doing poorly. I'm, of course, in denial. I won't believe anything until I see her tomorrow. I am a little nervous as bad things happen in threes and I have been feeling like the angel of death lately. Trinks wants to come with me, probably to play with the dogs more than anything else.

I ended up driving through Freehold, NJ, blasting Bruce Springsteen and crying to "My Hometown". Every once in a while I get a little homesick. Some days I wish I could move home. Then I see some of the locals and they piss me off and I know why I left. Old Freehold is dying and the replacements are inferior.

No comments: