Sunday, January 31, 2010

GF, here I come

I have been off the health wagon since my extensive travels in November. I feel like crap. My face is puffy, my head is foggy, and I have random, annoying aches all over my body. I am cranky, and after I eat wheat, I am exhausted. This week I started with the f-ing urticaria again. I'm tired of itching. My heavy work season is over, so I am going gluten free again. And in true Posey style, it will be M-F, with some compliance on weekends. I can't go cold turkey. It's easier to do things healthy during the week because I pack my breakfast and lunch. Green smoothies will have to be a rare treat as my blender is just about dead. Hubs is not thrilled with my idea to get a vita mix, so it will have to wait until I pay off the car in March.

So what's up for this week? Last night I made quinoa with garlic, spinach and diced tomatoes. Tonight I made millet with raisins, apricots, and coconut. I broke it into some small bowls, and I have lunch for the week. I have a boatload of fruit to snack on, and I planned to have any gluten at night, so I can take advantage of how tired it makes me. I plan to roll out a plan for the kids next week. S is randomly breaking out and Trinks is having a hard time focusing on bringing her homework home. The allergist refuses to return my call, so I'll work on the the kids diet. It's free and healthy, so why not?

No comments: