Sunday, January 17, 2010

Catching up

I've been putting in a lot of hours at work for my busy season. I will be FREE after 1/26. Can't wait! I took an unprecedented step and took TWO DAYS OFF IN A ROW! I am refreshed. And ready to work tomorrow on the holiday. At least I will get another day off for this time. So here's what's been going on at Posey's house.

PNO Friday- Parent's night out at kung fu was arcade night. S was in his glory. I got home around 7:30 and took over cooking duties. Hubs is a freaking perfectionist and he lectured me about how to make beef tacos (I mean really - it's beef tacos!!) until I threatened to make him cook. I was pretty much asleep when they returned at 11.

Clean up Saturday. After watching Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat (yes even hubs watched it and didn't hate it), we played a little Super Mario Brothers and then split up to clean and run errands. Trinks and I challenged each other to complete tasks on our lists and then joined forces in her room to clean out under her bed. We threw out an entire black trash bag of crap and have a box of summer clothes to send to Haiti. Even after donating about 10 pair of shorts and 25 shirts, we still have 20 pair of shorts, 15 of which will definitely fit her next year, and 30 summer T-shirts. We need NOTHING for summer. I will buy her a cover up and sport sandals, but that is ALL she needs. I am sending 6 pair of jeans to Ivy, but we have about 5 more pair. It feels good to get our overabundance out of the house and allow others to use it since we cannot. Trinks room looks great, but we have a ways to go. Baby steps!

Sunday is fun day! We started out with some Mario Brothers, then headed out to the bowling alley. I bowl WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better on Wii, but it is fun to bowl in real lief (with bumpers) every once in a while. I broke 100 both games, and beat hubs on the second game. Then Trinks and I headed over to hibachi to dine with the Girl Scouts to kick off the cookie season!

Tonight I pulled the kids into food prep. It made hubs nervous watching S cut the asparagus, but S was pretty good with our sharpest knife. I LOVE his outfit. Trinks wanted garlic sauteed spinach, so she got to cook it. I did the chicken and rice. Dinner is way more fun to cook with helpers.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm always thankful that Trinks is a season ahead of Big Sister. I'm excited that I won't have to buy her jeans. Thanks!!

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

happy to be able to pass them on. It is truly disgusting how many clothes this child has.