Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More pictures

Il Duomo in Firenze (Florence to you and me). The buidling was magnificent, but the piazza was littered with tours. We did not go inside.

This is the Ponte Vecchio (literally Old Bridge, but not like Old Bridge NJ). On this bridge are some fantastic jewelry stores. I believe this bridge inspired my love for the cheaper Murano glass jewelry!

This is the covered market in Florence. I did some great shopping here. I seem to be addicted to Murano glass necklaces with matching earrings. They are so pretty!My mother in law really likes that leather jacket.

This is a typical street in San Gimignano. That's possibly not the way to spell it, but the town was beautiful. If you have a chance, rent Tea with Moussilini. It has an all star British cast with Cher and Lily Tomlin and it takes place in this town. I loved how modern life has mixed in with the old buildings. Plus the gelato was pretty good.


And this was a sunflower in Voltarra. There are sunflower fields all over here and they are just magnificent.




3 comments:

Nothing Knew said...

You need to upload these to a Flickr account. That image of the sunflower is awesome.

And I think I need to get a better digital camera. Nothing I take looks that good.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

It's hard to do a lot of these things here. I did upload some house pictures to Flickr last night and should have it posted tonight.

I love my camera. I've taken about 600 pictures so far.

Kathi Twohig Hamelin said...

Can I get a print of that sunflower? I'm going to frame it and hang it in my home. It's gorgeous!