Monday, July 7, 2008

La Vida Dolce

I could really get used to this life. With the exception of today, we have been able to get enough lounging in to be restful. Today we were supposed to get some relaxing downtime, but we went to Lucca (a walled city - really cute and very few cars) and Pisa. It should have been a 20-30 minute drive to Pisa from Lucca, but between the stupid GPS and construction, we were significantly delayed. It was nice to see the leaning tower, but the Duomo was beautiful. The little fleamarket on the side was a bit tacky. We spent about 45 minutes taking pictures and shopping. I'll post hubby's pictures tomorrow. Right now I am waiting for my clothes to be washed. Then it's bedtime. YAWN!

It was Trink's 7th birthday today. We celebrated in style with a very special dinner. The cake was an amazing vanilla cake stuffed with custard and topped with chocolate icing. I think she had a nice day.

No comments: