Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring


I love spring. Today I was sitting in a meeting, trying desperately to concentrate on what was going on, but I was completely distracted by what was going on outside. It was raining, but the trees were such a vibrant green they seemed to glow in rain. Then the border collie arrived and started to run around the pond to chase away the geese. I completely lost it when the dog jumped in the pond and started swimming after the geese.
In order to celebrate spring, we went to Longwood Gardens a couple of weeks ago. I took this picture (along with 131 others - digital cameras ROCK!) to try to capture the beauty of the flower beds. I couldn't do the gardens justice, but we had a great time. The kids ran themselves ragged, which is always a sign of a good trip. If the weather cooperates, we will return this weekend to play in the treehouses that opened last weekend. http://www.longwoodgardens.org/NaturesCastles.html

1 comment:

Trish said...

Gwen, your artsy fartsy Longwood photo is beautiful! I love your blogs, but don't know a whole lot about them aside from the work we were assigned for one of my masters courses. Jesse gets paid $10 a blog up to 4 a month as a Scarlet Ambassador at Rutgers. His audience is prospective students. I checked out a couple of them.
I guess my Ranch thing is rather blog-like. I will rearrange the website so that what I have written is on my own page, and make a page for everyone else, and a general Welcome page. I want to get Grandmom and Pops' info for a page and keep the history like that.
Love your name! Aunt Pat