Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Scalded boobs, poison ivy and pink eye, oh my!

Just about two weeks ago I accidentally dumped scalding hot water down the front of me and ended up with two 2 inch 2nd degree burns on my boobs. Lovely! I knew it was pretty bad when hubs wouldn't even joke about the injury and he kept looking at me sympathetically. The burns are pretty deep and ugly, but I seem to be on the mend. Two days after that, I worked in the garden and got my traditional April poison ivy outbreak. This time was different.

Once I realized I was exposed, I took a cold shower to close my pores so the poison couldn't get in as much. Then I scrubbed my arms with oil of oregano. I have very small patches of blisters. I followed up with a trip to the co-op to get Rhus Tox. This is a homeopathic remedy made from poison ivy and dries the blisters up rather quickly. I didn't need steroids this year and I'm sure my liver thanks me. I plan to slowly kill the vines so I can have an outdoor life again.

So yes, the last two weeks have been rather a humorous comedy of errors. I continued the fun this morning. Yup - my left eye was sealed shut and bright red. If I wasn't such a moron, I would have kept my contacts OUT today. Lesson learned - I will do that tomorrow. So I think I've had enough fun for a while.

No comments: