Saturday, June 30, 2012

Catch up

Well – I haven’t been back like I thought. I had to wrap up school, finish scouts (although with the aggressive summer Scout programs this year, I will never be done with either Scout!), write a final paper, and take a final (for a nice A- for the class). Phew! I was so exhausted from the stress of it all that when the worst was over, I sat on the couch and DID NOTHING all night. I played some Castle Wolfenstein, checked Facebook, and microwaved Hebrew National hot dogs because I couldn’t wait for Hubs to finish mowing the grass and grill. I was completely brain dead. But, I have been having a blast making my own toiletries. When last I wrote about these things, I had made some toothpaste. It no longer tastes like crap to me and I love it! I get creative with flavors – citrus mint, peppermint, clove and cinnamon, the possibilities are endless. So far, the dental appointments have been great. Of course, I don’t tell the dentist what I do. The kids may tell him that I occasionally brush with charcoal. It kind of scared them when they walked in on me and a black mouth. I think it’s removing stains from my teeth and it doesn’t taste like anything at all. Clean up sucks, because it sticks to everything. I have made my own vapor rub – amazing!! Lip balm – also great! I added beeswax to my last batch of deodorant and while it gives the deodorant a solid, manageable aspect, I think I added too much and it’s a little sticky. Still works, so I won’t worry about it. I think I am most proud of my sunscreen. It is SPF 30 and survived a test of 90 degree heat in Washington DC, with no shade. I didn’t even reapply. I did get color, but I wasn’t burned. I love the sunscreen so much that I use it as regular hand cream. S is allergic to commercial SPF, so having a product without the harmful chemicals is great. I tried it on him and there was no reaction! I have been playing with the lotion bars for a bit and gave them out to some testers. I may even start selling the stuff. It would be a side hustle to fund exotic vacations, but it could be fun. Stay tuned!!

No comments: